Planning a wedding can be overwhelming at times. Trust me, I’ve been there! It especially gets a little hectic when it comes to coordinating the logistics of the day. A never-ending list of questions will pop into your head …. When do the bouquets need to arrive? When does the bridal party need to be all dressed and ready? How early should I set my hair appointment? There are so many things to consider! I may be biased but the majority of your special day is coordinated around the photo schedule…except the ceremony and reception of course! That’s what I thought I’d share a few logistical tips when it comes to planning for your big day from a photographer’s perspective.
Details & Prep: 1.5 hours
First Look & Bride and Groom Portraits: 45 minutes
Bridal Party Portraits: 30 – 45 minutes
Family Formals: 30 minutes
Reception Details & Decor: 20 minutes
“Extra Portrait Time”: As much time you’ll give to your photographer!
– Bridal party needs to be in “hiding” at least a half hour before the ceremony
– Length of ceremony
– Large group shots can be taken during the reception or cocktail hour
– Travel time between venues
– Size of bridal party (the bigger the bridal party, the more time needed)
– Big bonus if bride and groom sneak out for golden hour portraits during the reception (even if it’s only for 10 minutes…it’s SO worth it!)
Hopefully, this answers some of your questions! I’m very Type-A and love organization hence, I could talk about scheduling for hours! I love helping brides plan their wedding schedule to ensure a smooth day with no major hiccups. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to shoot me an email!
weddings, engagements and design inspiration
home design, babe fever, harvey and adventures as an epley