Sometimes finding the perfect outfit for our man is put on the back burner. I remember being way more concerned with what I was wearing for my engagement photos than Jared. But our men can’t be forgotten! If you have an engagement session coming up, bookmark this page! I’m sharing the wardrobe tips for the gentlemen plus some great places to shop for them.
Now, I know firsthand how hard it is to dress a picky guy. Jared is a typical guy who lives in relaxed/loose jeans, t-shirt, and athletic shoes. As much as I’d love to see him wearing slim fit jeans, it’s just not him. Take these tips to heart but keep in mind that you want him to be comfortable and feel confident in what he’s wearing!
- Avoid small prints or pattern that is too small. It may accidentally make your photos look too busy and are hard to photograph.
- You can’t go wrong with a suit and tie. Consider having him wear that suit he wore the last time he was a groomsman!
- Layer a button-down shirt with a blazer and perhaps add a tie. Jeans are even great with this look!
- Softer, pastel colors tend to photograph better than bright, intense colors. Bright colors tend to reflect on one’s skin.
- Bowties are always a good idea.
- Don’t let him wear his running shoes or any old athletic shoes.
- Sweaters layered over button downs are a great way to stay warm and stylish in the color months.
- No baseball-type hats, pretty please. :)
- Make sure his pockets are empty! No cell phones, wallets, car keys, or anything else he might have stashed in there.
Places to shop:
ASOS // Nordstrom // Leather & Cotton // Jack Threads // Frank & Oak // J.Crew // Brooks Brothers // Uniqlo // Zara // Banana Republic